Sunday, October 4, 2009
First Day
The first day in the Caribbean began with sleeping in. With the time difference (two hours ahead of Utah time) we were having a hard time getting up and going. The good folks here had put some food in the refridgerator for us so we wouldn't starve, but we had to venture out and get some money as well as get some more food. I put it off as long as I could (three or four hours) and finally Nancy said, "You are going to have to drive sooner or later so you might as well just get up and go." So, off we went on our first adventure. Let me tell you a little about driving in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican people are some of the warmest, kindest, happiest people I have ever met...until they get in a car. Then, they go "loco." Driving here is a teenager's dream...no laws. Well, there are laws, they just don't enforce them...hence, no law. Once I figure out how to post a video on here, I will put one up that shows you what I mean. What a hoot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment